FerretVite, when combined with exercise and a healthy diet, may provide nutritional benefit to ferrets. There are a range of benefits from healthier fur to maintaining good bone structure.
FerretVite is particularly effective for recovering ferrets due to the high calorific nutritional benefits on offer. However, the high sugar content can cause serious problems if taken in excess or where your ferret doesn’t regularly exercise. Here, we’ll examine all of the nutritional benefits along with the risks of FerretVite for ferrets.
FerretVite is rich in fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. This makes it the perfect supplement for a recovering ferret, or one that struggles to eat a normal diet. It is high in calories and sugar content, so should be taken in strict moderation. Too much can cause weight gain or even tumors in the pancreas.
What is FerretVite Used For?
FerretVite contains a lot of healthy nutrients that are meant to keep your pet ferret in great health.
It’s a protein supplement that, when combined with a healthy diet, will help your ferret grow and stay in amazing shape. It is important to only give FerretVite in strict moderation.
However, you should be careful about the amount you’re giving your pet. Ferrets love FerretVite because it’s sweet, but too much sugar can be bad and eventually lead to Insulinoma. In this case, a tumor grows in the pancreas, and the organ begins to produce an excessive amount of insulin hormone.
You can either give your ferret this supplement on its own or mix it with food. If you’re worried that your ferret might not like it, try with a tiny amount and place it in the animal’s mouth to see its reaction.
FerretVite can also be mixed with medications because it masks their taste.
What are the Ingredients of FerretVite?
FerretVite is a high-calorie protein supplement that is packed with natural and healthy nutrients to keep your ferret in perfect shape.
The list of ingredients is impressive, as FerretVite can be used instead of food if the ferret isn’t eating well after an illness or surgery.
Here’s a list of the beneficial nutrients found in FerretVite:
- Vitamin A helps keep the skin healthy and nourished. It’s also essential for protecting the ferret’s eyes and improving night vision.
- Folic acid is essential for normal and controlled metabolic functions.
- Riboflavin or Vitamin B2 keeps the skin and mucous membranes healthy.
- Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 will help the ferret’s body overcome skin inflammation.
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride or Vitamin B6 is essential to the formation of blood cells and neurotransmitters. It will help the body with the breakdown of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, to guarantee that your ferret is receiving the nutrients it needs from the food you’re providing.
- Thiamine Hydrochloride or Vitamin B1 protects the brain and other organs in the body from premature aging.
- Lecithin is a potent antioxidant that protects the cells from free radical damage and helps build them to carry oxygen and nutrients. Adding this supplement will help your ferret become healthier, especially if it suffers from liver issues.
- Ascorbic acid or Vitamin C will help keep your ferret’s fur in perfect condition. It also protects your pet from different diseases like scurvy, and it’s a potent antioxidant that improves signs of inflammation.
- Dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate or Vitamin E helps in building cell membranes and keeps the eyes and skin in perfect health.
- Cholecalciferol or Vitamin D is crucial for the bones as it helps the body retain calcium and phosphorus to keep bones healthy and help them heal in case of an injury.
- Taurine is an essential amino acid that can’t be stored in the ferret’s body. It boosts immune functions, keeps the heart in perfect health, and protects the eyes.
Thanks to all these ingredients, FerretVite will be the ideal supplement to give your pet ferret if it’s sick, not accepting food, or recovering from surgery.
What are the Dangers of Giving FerretVite to Ferrets?
Although FerretVite is packed with essential nutrients, you should consult your vet before giving it to your pet ferret. Your ferret might be allergic to one of the ingredients in the formula, and it might not react well.
Moreover, you should give this supplement in controlled amounts. A small daily dose will work, especially if you have a sick or recovering ferret.
This rich formula will help your pet gain weight quickly, so its body will be able to recover after a serious infection or surgery.
However, when taken every day and in large doses, FerretVite can lead to some dangerous side effects.
What are the Side Effects of Ferretvite?
FerretVite is rich in essential nutrients, but its formula can be too much for some ferrets. Here are some of the side effects of FerretVite that you need to pay attention to.
- Because the formula is rich in ingredients, taking FerretVite can lead to weight gain. This is beneficial if you have a pet ferret that won’t eat or is still recovering after a serious illness.
However, if your ferret is eating a healthy diet and maintaining a reasonable weight, too much of this supplement can lead to obesity.
Obese ferrets tend to form fatty pads on the shoulders and the abdomen and usually can’t tolerate longer exercise sessions. Over time, they tend to act sluggish, and their rear limbs become weak because they’re unable to drag their weight.
Fat ferrets usually also suffer from other internal issues due to the accumulation of fats around the organs.
- FerretVite is packed with sugar, and this is the main reason why your pet ferret will love it. But if your ferret is getting enough sugar from its daily diet, you need to be careful about the amount of FerretVite you’re giving it.
Too much sugar can mess up blood sugar levels and eventually cause the growth of pancreatic tumors.
- The sugar content in FerretVite will also increase the feeling of thirst. This means that you’ll have to provide more than the usual amount of water to keep your ferret well-hydrated.
Dehydration leads to the dryness of the gums, so the ferret won’t be able to eat properly. It also leads to dullness, weakness, and exhaustion.
- All these healthy nutrients can still put too much pressure on the ferret’s kidneys. The ferret’s body still needs to get rid of all these nutrients’ byproducts after being used by the body, and this might lead to excessive urination, especially if your pet is drinking more water.
What to Do if a Ferret Reacts Badly to FerretVite?
If your ferret reacts badly to FerretVite, this is an emergency situation and you need to act promptly to make sure that your ferret is getting the help it needs.
If you see that your ferret is reacting badly to FerretVite, you should take it to the vet or the pet hospital immediately. The vet will examine your pet and decide on the next step.
Write down all the necessary information that would help the vet to design a treatment plan. This includes the last time your pet had FerretVite, the last time it ate, and a sample of the supplement itself.
Most vets are familiar with FerretVite, but having the supplement or its packaging will help the vet decide which ingredient probably caused a bad reaction.
After that, your vet will give you a list of instructions that you need to follow carefully because your pet’s life depends on it. You might have to reconsider the diet or add a different supplement until your ferret feels better.
What are the Alternatives to FerretVite?
As long as you’re giving your ferret healthy food, you shouldn’t worry much about giving it a dietary supplement.
These supplements are usually given occasionally when the pet isn’t eating well, or you want to give it a medication that it wouldn’t swallow. In this case, a healthy supplement like FerretVite will be a good option.
There are other alternatives on the market that you can consider if you’re worried about the high sugar intake in FerretVite.
Nupro All Natural Ferret Supplement is a healthy and tasty supplement that your pet ferret will absolutely love. It’s packed with natural extracts from flaxseed, Norwegian kelp, yeast, garlic, and bee pollen, and it’s naturally flavored with a strong liver aroma that any ferret will absolutely love.
FerretVite is a tasty supplement that’s packed with several healthy ingredients to keep your ferret in perfect health. It’s rich in several vitamins and minerals, so it’s an excellent choice for a sick pet or one that’s recovering from an illness.
However, taking it in large amounts isn’t recommended because it contains a lot of sugar. This is why you need to be careful about the dose and keep an eye on your pet for any side effects.